How to treat swollen eyes
Your GP or optician will be able to advise on the right kind of treatment for you, but there are a few things you can try if you think it may be allergy-related:
• Wash your face with clean water
• Use eye drops to clear the eyes and help calm
down any itchiness
• Apply a cold compress like a damp flannel over
your eyes to reduce irritation or swelling
But if you experience any of these symptoms, you should seek advice from your GP as soon as possible:
• Further eyelid swelling
• Blurry or decreased vision
• Pain in or around your eye
• Feeling as if there’s something stuck in your eye
Did you know an eye test could save your life?
For some of our customers, an appointment with Specsavers has not only saved their vision but in some cases it has saved their lives.
We’re working with Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB) to help end avoidable sight loss and transform the nation’s eye health.