You live in an area where adults aged 18 and over can get NHS funded hearing aids at Specsavers.
- Self-referral is available at some Specsavers stores, including those listed below. If your nearest store is listed, contact them to see if your eligible for NHS services.
- If your local store is not listed, make an appointment to see your GP
- If your GP decides you meet the criteria for NHS hearing services, you can choose where you are seen
- Let your GP know you would like to come to Specsavers and they will let you know what to do next
Self-referral enables you to access our hearing services without having to visit your GP first. If you think you have a hearing loss, all you need to do is enquire in store or call us to see if you are eligible for an NHS-funded test. We will be able to book your NHS appointment for you if you can provide details regarding your NHS number (this can be found on a prescription or by asking your GP practice).
Why choose Specsavers?
Our audiologists meet the highest standards required to provide NHS funded services. At Specsavers, you can get the hearing care you need, when you need it:
- We offer a range of appointment times to suit you, including weekends
- Our locations are convenient and easy to get to
- You’ll be seen as soon as possible
- 97% of our NHS customers would recommend Specsavers for their hearing aids (as surveyed in 2021)
No waiting for your hearing aid
We can fit your hearing aids on the same day as your hearing assessment in most cases. And when you want new batteries, or have a question, you can just pop in to your local Audiologists any time without having to book.
If you have any further questions, please call 0800 077 8659