Coloured contact lenses
Our range of colours
Coloured contact lenses enhance the natural beauty of your eyes by adding depth and greater definition, along with light effect patterns, which add brightness in a natural way.
So whether you want to dazzle with bright blues, opt for soft warm browns or strike with icy greys, there’s a lens for you to transform your style. We offer both daily and monthly coloured contact lenses to suit your needs.
To purchase lenses, you’ll need a valid copy of a contact lens prescription. Air Optix Colours can be purchased with a valid prescription for easyvision monthly Irisian or Air Optix Aqua lenses. 1-DAY ACUVUE® DEFINE® lenses can be purchased with a valid 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST® prescription. If you want to try a different lens type, speak to your local store for advice.
Do I need a prescription?
All coloured contact lenses supplied within the UK, including non-prescription lenses, are now classed as medical devices, and should only be supplied or supervised by a registered optician.
‘An eye care professional will ensure that contact lenses fit properly and that wearers receive expert advice on how to wear and store them safely.”
- Brian Tompkins, President of the British Contact Lens Association
Fancy dress and Halloween contact lenses
When it comes to things like fancy dress or Halloween, we know that you’re just after some quick, cheap coloured lenses to add the finishing touch to your costume. These lenses are becoming more and more popular, and readily available to buy online. While we’d never want to rain on your parade, there are a few things you should be cautious of when buying coloured contacts online.
If you have any further questions, or you’re worried at any point, just come into store and see us. We’ll be happy to give you advice.
Tips for safe wearing
We would strongly advise against wearing cheap coloured contact lenses from the Internet and without a proper prescription, especially if you have never worn contacts before. But if you have, here are some things you can do to ensure your eyes stay safe and healthy.
Even if you only wear them once, it’s important that you still follow the same cleaning routines that you would with normal contacts to reduce the chance of infection or damage. Have a look at our handy ‘how-to’ videos for how best to handle and take care of lenses.
- Check that the prescription on the lens packaging is correct
- Check your contact lens solution instructions before use
- Wash and dry your hands before handling your lenses or touching your eye
- Insert your lenses before applying eye make-up
- Return for all the aftercare visits recommended by your optician
- Contact us if you have any concerns or queries, however trivial they may seem
- Stop wearing your lenses if your eyes become red or sore – contact us for advice
- Throw away your lenses after the recommended period
- Clean your lens case regularly and allow it to air dry
- Replace your lens case regularly
- Replace the tops of solution bottles after use
- Use fresh solution to store your lenses
- Dispose of solution bottles after the recommended period
- Wear your lenses longer than advised
- Ignore problems or discomfort with your lenses
- Hesitate to contact us if you have a problem
- Handle your lenses with sharp nails as they can easily tear
- Use tap water to store, clean or rinse your contact lenses or case
- Use your lenses for swimming, hot tubs or water sports, unless wearing goggles
- Wear your lenses when showering unless you keep your eyes firmly closed
- Lick your lenses
- Sleep in your lenses (unless advised by your optician, as this can increase the risk of infection)
- Wear your lenses if you are using eye drops prescribed by your doctor
- Change your cleaning regime without contacting us for professional advice
- Reuse the solutions of saline in your lens case