Most popular answers
- Red eye and blurred vision
- Dryness and blur
- Floaters for four days
- Is glaucoma hereditary?
- Uncomfortable contact lenses
- What causes cataracts?
- Symptoms of diabetes
- What causes dry itchy eye lids? (Blepharitis)
- Different types of conjunctivitis
- Age-related macular degeneration (AMD)
- Prescription explained
- Colour vision tests
- Retinal detachment
- Retinal Photography
- Bruce Fitzgerald BEng (Hons) BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- David Hill BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- Dr Nigel Best DOptom MCOptom FBCLA FAAO
- Gillian Syme BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- Jill Campbell BSc(Hons) MCOptom
- Neil Constantine-Smith BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- Nicola Nisbet BSc (Hons) MCOptom DipOc
- Nigel Davidson BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- Paul Carroll BSc(Hons) MCOptom MBA
- Paul Morris BSc (Hons) Optometry MCOptom
- Samia Qureshi BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- Sanjay Patel BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- Seamus Breslin BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- Simon Kay BSc(Hons) MCOptom
Ask the Optician
Type your question below to search through our Ask the Optician Q&A archive. Or, if you can’t find what you’re looking for on eye health, you can ask one of our qualified optometrists.
My spectacles have expired and I feel a bit nauseated, my left eye twitches more than normal and I get a headache or tingly sensation on the top of my head, could this be eye strain or something else?
Can you get prescription polarising lenses as sunglasses?
I am 45 and I have a reading Addition of +0.75 under the Cylinder column and the Axis column. Does this mean I need to get reading glass that are +0.75?
I have a prescription from Specsavers. it has no values for cyl and axis on the left eye. Only values for cyl and axis on the right. What does this mean?
Recently (over the past three weeks) I have noticed a persistent grey-black dot at the centre of my vision in my right eye.
I have glaucoma and I think my eyesight might have deteriorated since my DVLA test in January 2016. Can I ask for another DVLA eyesight test and if so, how much will it cost?
I had an eye test today and they gave me an optical record card with my prescription on it, but when I try to enter it online to buy glasses, it says there is an error.
I’m concerned – I had an eye test at Specsavers last year. I booked a test today and the optician said my left eye was the same and the right eye which is lazy has got worse.
When I wake up in the night because my son is crying I have a terrible pain in the eyes, burning, very intense, as if someone had stabbed me a thousand pins in the eyes.
Following are my five year old daughters vision test result from school. So keen logMAR. 0.175 right eye and 0.100 left eye. Do I need to worry?