Thank you to everyone who took part in the competition and congratualtions to the winners:
Julie Olmez and Leslie Appleyard who won tickets to the Warrington Wolves v St. George Illawara game,
Graham Price and Shaun Mcdowell who won tickets to the Wigan Warriors v Brisbane Broncos game
Stuart Nutley and Victoria Carney who won tickets to the St Helens Saints v South Sydney Rabbitohs game.
Terms and Conditions
When entering the Prize Draw, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (these "Terms and Conditions"). Promotional materials relating to the Prize Draw, including all information on how to enter the Prize Draw, supplement these Terms and Conditions further.
- The promoter of this Prize Draw is Specsavers Optical Group Limited of La Villiaze, St Andrews, Guernsey GY6 8YP.
- Participants must be 18 years old or over and legally resident within United Kingdom. Employees of Specsavers or any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies and their immediate families and members of their households, and anyone otherwise connected with the operation or fulfilment of the Prize Draw are not eligible to take part. Specsavers reserves the right to require participants to prove that they are eligible to enter the Prize Draw. If a prize winner is found to be ineligible, Specsavers reserves the right to award their prize to another participant and to require the return of any prize already awarded.
- The Prize Draw commences at tbc GMT on the Monday 9th February 2015 and all entries must be received by 23.59pm GMT on the closing date of 15th February 2015
- Entry to the Prize Draw is free; no purchase is necessary. To enter the Prize Draw, participants must complete the webform on the link stated on the email sent from Rugby League.
- Only entries submitted via the official method of entry will be accepted. Use of script, macro or any automated system to enter the Prize Draw is prohibited and entries made (or which appear to have been made) using any such system may be treated as void. Any illegible, incomplete or fraudulent entries will be rejected. Each participant may only enter once. Anyone found using multiple accounts to enter will have all of their entries disqualified. Participants may only win one prize per person, irrespective of the number of entries submitted.
- The prizes to be won are detailed below: Six (6) pairs of Rugby League World Club Series tickets for any one of the games mentioned below:
Fri 20th February, Warrington Wolves v St. George Illawara, Halliwell Jones Stadium, 8pm kick off
Sat 21st February, Wigan Warriors v Brisbane Broncos DW Stadium 7:45pm kick off
Sun 22nd February, St Helens Saints v South Sydney Rabbitohs, Langtree Park, 7pm kick off
Tickets are general admission seated tickets. The prize winner will be responsible for paying all associated costs that are not specifically stated in these Terms and Conditions, including (where applicable) transport, accommodation, meal costs, and all other incidentals. The prize winner will also be personally responsible for any personal or incidental expenses in claiming or using their prize. The prizes are as stated and are non-exchangeable and non-transferable. There is no cash or other alternative to the prizes in whole or in part. Participants are aware that the prizes are awarded on an "as is" basis, and that neither Specsavers nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies, make any representations or warranties of any nature with respect to the prizes.
- The prize will be allocated through one prize draw. The prize winners will be the first 6 names chosen at random from all complete, eligible, properly submitted entries received before the end of the applicable entry period
- The prize winner will be notified by email or telephone) no later than 5pm on the 17th February 2015. The prize winner may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize. The prize winner will be asked to collect their tickets at the from the ticket office at the relevant stadium by when?
- If a prize winner has not claimed their prize by the date specified in the notification of winning, Specsavers reserves the right to conduct a further random draw to award the prize to another eligible participant.
- In the event that, for reasons beyond Specsavers’s reasonable control and not related to a prize winner, Specsavers is unable to award a prize as described in these Terms and Conditions, Specsavers reserves the right to award a prize of a similar nature and an equivalent value, or at its sole discretion, the cash value of the prize.
- The provision of the prize does not imply endorsement by Specsavers of any other third parties concerned in any way with the Prize Draw.
- It forms part of the Prize Draw that participants agree to have their name featured in publicity materials relating to the Prize Draw without further reference, payment or other compensation. This includes making their name as a prize winner available on Twitter and Facebook.
- If participants do not provide any of the mandatory information requested when entering in the Prize Draw, they may not take part in the Prize Draw.
- Specsavers reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Prize Draw in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, if it believes the Prize Draw is not capable of being conducted as specified within these Terms and Conditions or in the event of a virus, a computer bug or unauthorized human intervention or any other cause that is beyond the reasonable control of Specsavers that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality or normal course of the Prize Draw. Neither Specsavers nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies are responsible for any condition, circumstances, losses, failures or delays caused by events beyond its or their control such as (but not limited to) the acts or defaults of any supplier selected by Specsavers to provide the prizes or otherwise that may cause the Prize Draw to be disrupted or corrupted, or that may lead to loss or damage of a prize in transit to a prize winner.
- Save where it has been negligent, Specsavers will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from participants' entry into the Prize Draw or their acceptance and/or use of a prize, or for technical, hardware or software failures, lost, faulty or unavailable network connections or difficulties of any kind that may limit or prohibit their ability to participate in the Prize Draw. Specsavers will not be responsible for any lost, incomplete or otherwise unreadable entries. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall in any way limit Specsavers' liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other matter where liability may not be limited as a matter of law.
- Any participant who enters or attempts to enter the Prize Draw in a manner, which in Specsavers' reasonable determination is contrary to these Terms and Conditions or by its nature is unjust to other entrants (including without limitation tampering with the operation of the Prize Draw, cheating, hacking, deception or any other unfair playing practices such as intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Specsavers and/or any of its representatives) may be rejected from the Prize Draw at Specsavers' sole discretion. Furthermore, where such actions have significantly impaired the Prize Draw, Specsavers may, at its sole discretion, add further stages to the Prize Draw as it deems reasonably necessary in order to resolve any problems arising as a result of such actions.
- All Specsavers's decisions in relation to the Prize Draw are final and Specsavers will not enter into any correspondence with participants.
- Data Protection Act 1998: The information you provide will be used in connection with your entry in the Prize Draw. The information is held by the Specsavers Group of companies either manually or electronically and may be processed by Specsavers in Guernsey. The information will be restricted to authorised users only. We will take all appropriate and commercially reasonable measures to secure and protect your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act.