As the sun tentatively starts to show its face again, Specsavers Surrey Quays is urging customers to make sure they protect their eyes this summer by getting the correct prescription sunglasses.
What to look out for
According to Specsavers Surrey Quays store director, Taj Dhiman, there’s a few things for people to look out for: 'Ultraviolet light can be extremely damaging to our sight and its imperative - as we begin to see more daylight hours – that people wear sunglasses this summer.
We’d advise all customers coming in store to make sure they look for sunglasses that protect you from 99 to 100 per cent of both UVA and UVB light. Customers may also like to consider wraparound sunglasses to prevent harmful UV rays from entering the frame.'
- Always make sure your sunglasses have the CE kite mark and are UV400 effective
- Don’t let cloudy days fool you – UV light can still penetrate through
- Big Lenses provide more protection
- Ensure sunglasses fit properly
- Try to avoid sunlight between 10am and 2pm – this is the most intense period of UV exposure
- Invest in photochromic lenses that instantly adapt to light changes
- Wear sunglasses over your contact lenses as their UV protection does not cover the whole of your eye