The sun has final got his hat and this can only mean one thing – Festival season is upon us!
Specsavers Strand has produced the following tips and advice to ensure your eyes do not get weary or tired under harsh spotlights and all weathers.
Top tips for healthy eyes this festival season:
- Avoid excessive alcohol consumption, which can have a negative effect on eye health as well as general health
- Drink plenty of water
- Eat plenty of fruit and vegetables for vital nutrients and vitamins
- Get plenty of sleep to maintain clear eyes
- Always remove your daily wear contact lenses before going to sleep
- Don’t neglect to remove eye make-up at the end of the day
- Use eye drops to ease redness, rejuvenate the eye and combat dryness (always consult your contact lens practitioner to make sure you are using suitable drops)