Although it is the season to be jolly, the Christmas party season can play havoc with your eyes.
Specsavers has produced the following tips and advice to ensure your eyes sparkle over Christmas and the New Year.
Top tips for healthy eyes this Christmas and New Year
• Avoid excessive alcohol consumption, which can have a negative effect on eye health as well as general health
• Drink plenty of water
Eat plenty of fruit and vegetables for vital nutrients and vitamins
• Get plenty of sleep to maintain clear eyes
• Always remove your daily wear contact lenses before going to sleep
• Don’t neglect to remove eye make-up at the end of the day
• Use eye drops to ease redness, rejuvenate the eye and combat dryness