The Greenock store has held a special awards ceremony in recognition of its committed, long-serving members of staff.
Recognising the store’s dedicated staff
Eight members of the team at Specsavers in Greenock were awarded certificates and badges for racking up a collective 90 years of service between them.
Admin manager Jacqui Murdoch celebrates almost 20 years at the store this year while four other members of staff will clock up more than ten years of service each and a further three will mark five years.
An enthusiastic and knowledgeable team
Lesley Brown, store director at Specsavers in Greenock says: ‘My business partner, Jonathan, and I took over the store at the end of last year when the previous store directors retired.
‘We’ve been blown away by the dedication of our team – they’ve really helped us to settle in quickly and shown fantastic enthusiasm for our plans to support the local area through sponsorships, charity donations and in-store events.
‘We wanted to celebrate the hard work of our long-serving members of staff and organised the awards as a surprise for them.’ The members of staff recognised in the store’s long service awards were:
• Jacqui Murdoch, admin manager with 19 years’ service
• Deborah Williams, assistant manager with 16 years’ service
• Gordon McMann, lab manager with 14 years’ service
• Susie Oniell, senior optical assistant with 13 years’ service
• Claire Kincaid, retail manager and dispensing optician with 12 years’ service
• Lucy Bishop, optical assistant with 5 years’ service • Gemma Torlay, optical assistant with 5 years’ service
• Natalie Gallagher, optical assistant with 5 years’ service