Specsavers opticians in Ely are dedicated to ending the common misconceptions associated with contact lenses and are urging people to consider contact lenses as a real option.
Store director, Minal Patel, said: ‘People are often reluctant to consider contact lenses because they think they’re too complicated to use. However, we are hoping to show people that anyone can use them and we are here to offer a step-by-step guide for a comfortable fit with the highest quality of care.’
Minal offers his top tips for using contact lenses.
- Myth no.1 – “They are difficult to use” Stores are offering people a full test run of contact lenses so that they can be comfortable using them by themselves.
- Myth no.2 – “I’m too young or old for contact lenses” Specsavers are offering contact lenses to customers of all ages, regardless of their prescription and are also encouraging parents to let their children test them out.
- Myth no.3 – “They are uncomfortable” With the advances in the high-tech materials that are used in the contact lenses, they can fit very comfortably and are of the highest quality from Specsavers.
- Myth no.4 – “They are a hassle” A popular misconception is that contact lenses are too much of a hassle to use. Daily disposable lenses however can just be worn once and then thrown away without any cleaning necessary.
- Myth no.5 – “My prescription is too complex for contact lenses” No prescription is too complicated for Specsavers – contact lenses are available for almost any prescription so everyone has access to them.
Contact lens trials are available for free at Specsavers. To give contact lenses a try, head to Specsavers in Ely, located at 45 High Street, to see the wide range of high quality and value options on offer.