Winter can be a challenging time when out and about on foot. Reduced driver visibility creates numerous hazards for pedestrians.
Specsavers in Burgess Hill has provided the the following tips for pedestrians:
• Visibility is reduced in snowy or freezing fog conditions so wear high visibility clothing and if possible carry a torch.
• Make sure you are wearing appropriate footwear, wear shoes or boots with appropriate traction
• Remember that footpaths may not be treated - there may be frost, ice and snow so walk with extreme care
• Ice can easily hide under a light dusting of snow - just because you don’t see the ice doesn’t mean it’s not there waiting for your unsuspecting footfalls
• Snow and ice can change road conditions rapidly, so use extra caution when crossing roadways, and always cross at pedestrian crossings