We are pleased to introduce to you our new super store, which has almost doubled in size following a major expansion, and was officially unveiled by the Provost of Angus.

Helen Oswald joined the team to officially mark the occasion by cutting the ribbon on the new super store after more than £400k was invested in expanding the store, which included taking over the vacant unit next door.

It has increased the number of test rooms from three to five, allowing staff to carry out almost 200 additional eye tests each week. This includes the creation of a dedicated hearing centre test room, following the launch of the service last year.

The public areas have also been enhanced and six new jobs have been created as part of this investment.

Joining the team for a fun, family day, Provost of Angus Helen Oswald offered her congratulations to the team. 

She said: ‘This expansion of your Arbroath practice is a very welcome investment in the town as well as in your business. It is great to see a vacant unit in the shopping centre being brought back into such productive use.

The success and resulting growth of the company’s Arbroath venture is a direct reflection of the excellent service and expertise the 35-strong team offers customers.’

As part of the celebrations, a DJ was on hand to offer some musical entertainment, while staff offered tours of the new store, as well as information about contact lenses and its hearing service.

New and Improved Store
Jamie Buchan, store director at Specsavers Arbroath, said: ‘The unveiling of the new and improved store is an important milestone for Specsavers Arbroath.

‘When we opened in 2004, we committed to providing a first class service to the local community and we are thrilled that more than 11 years on we have a state-of-the-art store which will continue to take care of the town’s eyes and ears.

We would like to thank Provost Oswald for her kind words and for joining us to mark this special occasion and we look forward to welcoming customers old and new into our new store.’

Work on the store started in early January and took five weeks to complete, with the store remaining fully operational during that time.

All Arbroath store information