The closing date for this giveaway is 31st March 2018.
Terms and conditions
When entering the Prize Draw, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (these "Terms and Conditions"). Promotional materials relating to the Prize Draw, including all information on how to enter the Prize Draw, supplement these Terms and Conditions further.
1. The promoter of this Prize Draw is Specsavers Optical Group Limited of La Villiaze, St Andrews, Guernsey GY6 8YP ("Specsavers").
2. Participants must be 18 years old or over and legally resident within United Kingdom (including the Channel Islands, Isle of Man). Employees of Specsavers or any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies and their immediate families and members of their households, and anyone otherwise connected with the operation or fulfilment of the Prize Draw are not eligible to take part. Specsavers reserves the right to require participants to prove that they are eligible to enter the Prize Draw. If a prize winner is found to be ineligible, Specsavers reserves the right to award their prize to another participant and to require the return of any prize already awarded.
3. All entries must be received by midnight GMT on the closing date of 31st March 2018 (“Closing Date”).
4. Entry to the Prize Draw is free; no purchase is necessary. To enter the Prize Draw, participants must visit https://www.specsavers.co.uk/prizes and click on the link [https://www.specsavers.co.uk/prizes/book-awards] to complete their entry. They will then be required to enter their name, age, e-mail address and consent to these terms and conditions when prompted.
5. Only entries submitted via the official method of entry will be accepted. Use of script, macro or any automated system to enter the Prize Draw is prohibited and entries made (or which appear to have been made) using any such system may be treated as void. Each participant may enter a maximum of once. Anyone found using multiple accounts to enter will have all of their entries disqualified.
6. There will be one prize winner. The prizes to be won by the prize winner are:
a. Joe Wicks “Lean in 15 The Sustain Plan”;
b. Joe Wicks “Lean in 15”;
c. Yotam Ottolenchi “Plenty”;
d. Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler “Tabby McTat”;
e. Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler “The Scarecrows Wedding”;
f. Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler “Zog and the Flying Doctors”;
g. Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler “The Highway Rat”;
h. Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler “Tiddler The Story Telling Fish”;
i. David Walliams “The Midnight Gang”;
j. David Walliams “Demon Dentist”;
k. Professor Steve Peters “The Mind Management”; and
l. Caitlin Moran “How to be a Woman”.
7. The prizes are as stated and are non-exchangeable and non-transferable. There is no cash or other alternative to the prizes in whole or in part. Participants are aware that the prizes at clause 6 are awarded on an "as is" basis, and that neither Specsavers nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies, make any representations or warranties of any nature with respect to the prizes.
8. Prize draws are administered on Specsavers’ behalf by Specialist Publications (UK) Limited (company number 00964145) of 85 Strand, 5th Floor, London WC2R 0DW.
9. The winner will be the first name chosen at random from all complete, eligible, properly submitted entries received by the Closing Date.
10. The prize winner will be notified by email no later than the 14th April 2018. The winner may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize. The winner will be asked to supply a valid postal address to which their prize will be delivered.
11. Specsavers reserves the right to reallocate the prize if entrants breach these terms or cannot be contacted by email after at least three attempts to do so.
12. If the books sent to the winner are returned as undeliverable or the prize winner refuses or is unable to provide an eligible postal address for receipt of their prize, Specsavers reserves the right to conduct a further random draw to award their prize to another participant. If the prize winner has not claimed their prize by the date specified in the notification of winning, Specsavers reserves the right to conduct a further random draw to award the prize to another participant.
13. In the event that, for reasons beyond Specsavers’s reasonable control and not related to a prize winner, Specsavers is unable to award the prize as described in these Terms and Conditions, Specsavers reserves the right to award a prize of a similar nature and an equivalent value.
14. The provision of the prize does not imply endorsement by Specsavers of any of the authors, the Neilsen Awards or any other third parties concerned in any way with the Prize Draw. Any complaints or queries relating to the books should be directed to the publishers of the books.
15. It forms part of the Prize Draw that participants agree to have their name featured in publicity materials relating to the Prize Draw without further reference, payment or other compensation. This includes making their name as a prize winner available on Twitter and Facebook. The winner’s name can be obtained upon request in writing from: Book wards prize, Specsavers Magazine, PO Box 767, Bristol, BS8 1SB, from 13 October 2017
16. If participants do not provide any of the mandatory information requested when entering and taking part in the Prize Draw, they may not take part in the Prize Draw.
17. Specsavers reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Prize Draw in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, if it believes the Prize Draw is not capable of being conducted as specified within these Terms and Conditions or in the event of a virus, a computer bug or unauthorised human intervention or any other cause that is beyond the reasonable control of Specsavers that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality or normal course of the Prize Draw. Neither Specsavers nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies are responsible for any condition, circumstances, losses, failures or delays caused by events beyond its or their control such as (but not limited to) the acts or defaults of any supplier selected by Specsavers to provide the prizes or otherwise that may cause the Prize Draw to be disrupted or corrupted, or that may lead to loss or damage of a prize in transit to the prize winner.
18. Save where it has been negligent, Specsavers will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from participants' entry into the Prize Draw or their acceptance and/or use of a prize, or for technical, hardware or software failures, lost, faulty or unavailable network connections or difficulties of any kind that may limit or prohibit their ability to participate in the Prize Draw. Specsavers will not be responsible for any lost, incomplete or otherwise unreadable entries. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall in any way limit Specsavers' liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other matter where liability may not as a matter of law be limited.
19. Any participant who enters or attempts to enter the Prize Draw in a manner, which in Specsavers' reasonable determination is contrary to these Terms and Conditions or by its nature is unjust to other entrants (including without limitation tampering with the operation of the Prize Draw, cheating, hacking, deception or any other unfair playing practices such as intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Specsavers and/or any of its representatives) may be rejected from the Prize Draw at Specsavers' sole discretion. Furthermore, where such actions have significantly impaired the Prize Draw, Specsavers may, at its sole discretion, add further stages to the Prize Draw as it deems reasonably necessary in order to resolve any problems arising as a result of such actions.
20. All Specsavers's decisions in relation to the Prize Draw are final and Specsavers will not enter into any correspondence with participants.
21. Data Protection Act 1998 (or any subsequent replacement legislation enacted from time to time): The information the participants provide will be used in connection with their entry in the Prize Draw. The information is held by each of Specialist Publications (UK) Limited and the Specsavers Group of companies either manually or electronically and may be processed by Specsavers in Guernsey. The information will be restricted to authorised users only. Specsavers will take all appropriate and commercially reasonable measures to secure and protect the personal information in accordance with applicable law.