It’s June and officially summer so this can only mean one thing – Festival season is upon us!
Specsavers Swiss Cottage has listed the following tips to ensure your eyes are fully protected whilst out and about at a festival over the coming months.
Top tips for healthy eyes this festival season:
- Avoid excessive alcohol consumption, which can have a negative effect on eye health as well as general health
- Drink plenty of water
- Eat plenty of fruit and vegetables for vital nutrients and vitamins
- Get plenty of sleep to maintain clear eyes
- Always remove your daily wear contact lenses before going to sleep
- Don’t neglect to remove eye make-up at the end of the day
- Use eye drops to ease redness, rejuvenate the eye and combat dryness (always consult your contact lens practitioner to make sure you are using suitable drops)