Specsavers Annual Review 2013/14
Partnership has led Specsavers to become the world’s largest private optical group with more than 1,650 stores in 10 countries, in our 30th year of business.
Despite another tough year for the global economy, over 2,700 Specsavers partners have delivered incredible success in
2013/14 with a 7.8% increase in overall revenue, as well as strong partner profitability in all markets.
Specsavers success is defined about the people and stories behind the numbers – launching exciting brands,
getting savvier online, reaching more customers, changing people’s lives for the better.
Huge progress was made across the business, delivering affordable eyecare and hearing care to almost 29 million customers in more than 1,700 stores across 10 markets.
This is, simply, a business that never reaches its destination. In the pursuit of best value and an unbeatable customer experience,
there is always more to be done.
- £1.8 billion revenue globally
- 2,500+ partners and 30,000+ employees
- 13 million frames sold
- 340 million contact lenses sold
- 78,000 hearing aids sold in 2012/13
Seeing 9.5 million more customers this year
- Opening 50 new stores worldwide
- Strong performance in the UK and Republic of Ireland, with 300 of our stores earning record sales weeks in the first 10 weeks of 2013
- Being successful in all 25 tenders to date to provide free NHS hearing aids to customers in England
- UK kids’ volumes up 9%, thanks to our guaranteed unbreakable SuperTough Trivex lenses and exciting new brand licenses.
- IT service delivery, which is at 99.6%, supporting a system that manages 9.5 million customers across 1,700 locations
- Opening two new stores in Spain (in Guardamar and Marbella) with national growth in both sales and customer volumes – against the Spanish optical market trend of decline year on year
- Record-breaking sales in Australia and New Zealand and revenue growth well in excess of 10%
- Revitalising our pricing structure across the Nordics and the Netherlands to ensure we are able to deliver even better value and support to customers
- Dispatching over 2.5 million frames to Australasia from our frame warehouse in Hong Kong in its first full year
- Specsavers Opticiens winning Best Optical Chain at the 2012 ING Retail Excellence Awards – as voted by the Dutch public
- Our Creative department winning another clutch of awards for our memorable advertising