Search for a superstar in specs in Guernsey
Specsavers in Market Square, along with Your Event Solutions (YES), are on the lookout for local folk with Specsavers glasses who would be happy to have their photo taken wearing them – and a there are fantastic prizes on offer!
The specs can be their current glasses, sunglasses bought in the store or Specsavers comedy glasses.
Optometrist director Sarah Burchett wants as many people as possible to enter the Guernsey Spectacle Wearer of the Year competition. 'For every valid entry, we will donate £1 to the Guernsey Blind Association so the more people who enter, the better it will be for the charity,’ she says. The charity assists those with a visual impairment living within the Bailiwick of Guernsey, helping to maintain independent living skills at home and in the workplace.
‘You can either complete an entry form which you get from the store and attach a photo or have your photo taken by us. YES will be taking photos in the store on Saturday 6 August, Saturday 20 and 17 September and the competition is open to all ages'.
Every entrant will be presented with a goody bag.
The overall winner will be announced by 22 September and a prize-giving ceremony will take place on 24. There are five age categories and the winner of each will receive a trophy, a £100 voucher to spend on optical products and a winner’s goody bag including a free YES studio or location shoot for up to five people and a canvass print of their photo.
- Go to Specsavers in Market Street and ask to enter Spectacle Wearer of the Year
- Complete an entry form and attach a photo wearing Specsavers glasses or have your photo taken by us in store
- Open to anyone aged 16 or over – those under 16 need parental or guardian permission
- One entry per person
- Age groups: under 16, 16-29, 30-44, 45-59, 60+
- Entrants must be have a Guernsey residential address.
- Competition closing date is 19 September at 5pm
- Winners will be notified by 22 September
- Winners must agree to partake in all publicity and be available to attend the awards on 24 September at 11am.
Full terms and conditions are available in the Market Square store or from Your Moments Captured in Mill Street.