As lockdown laws loosen, those of us heading outdoors will be considering how to make the best of the ultimate summer accessory – sunglasses.
Whilst sunglasses look great, they also protect our eyes. Specsavers opticians in Essex share the reasons sunglasses are so important.
How to protect eyes in the sun
- Always use eye sun protection
- Lenses should be UV400 effective
- Make sure that your sunglasses fit. Don’t let them slide down your nose
- Polarised lenses offer protection from glare, which is especially useful when driving
- Sunglasses that restrict side vision are hazardous when walking in snow or driving
- Supersize your lenses so that less light will filter in through the sides
- UV protection contact lenses do not cover the whole eye, so wear sunglasses too
Find your style in store
Specsavers stores in Essex are open for appointments and have a great range of this seasons hottest styles including cat eye, pilot style and geometric.