As we approach Love Your Lenses Week (March 23-30), Specsavers stores across Berkshire are urging contact lens wearers to take proper care of their contacts.
Despite being worn by millions of people to help them see more clearly, research shows we’re not looking after them properly, with some people even using saliva to wet their lenses.
Top tips from the experts
Here, Specsavers shares its top tips on looking after your contacts to make sure you keep your eyes healthy and free from bacteria and infection:
- Always wash and dry your hands before handling your contact lenses
- Don’t share your contact lenses
- Don’t sleep in your lenses unless you’ve been advised to do so
- Don’t use tap water or any other water on your lenses or case
- Don’t wet your lenses with saliva
- Apply your lenses before putting on makeup
- Don’t swim with your lenses in
- Keep your eyes closed when using hairspray
- Don’t wear your lenses in the shower
It is recommended that everyone has an eye test every two years and contact lens wearers should have a check-up once a year. Find further information or book an appointment at your nearest store here.