If you wear contact lenses, you will know how convenient they can be – especially if you have an active lifestyle.
But, while millions of people wear contact lenses regularly without any problems, others do not look after them properly – which could leave them exposed to the risk of damaging their eyes.
Fortunately, the experts at the Specsavers stores across Dorset are here to help with some top tips on how to look after your lenses.
Five top tips
• Keeping your lenses clean is really important, so make sure you have clean and dry hands before you put them in or take them out.
• You should never wash your lenses, or your eyes while wearing them, with water – use a special solution designed for use with contact lenses.
• Unless you have been told by your optician that you can, never sleep in your contact lenses. Even after a late night, you need to remove them – set a reminder on your phone if you think it would help.
• You should never wear your contact lenses to go swimming, either in a pool or in the sea, or when you have a shower.
• To avoid possible contamination, it is a good idea to put your contact lenses in before applying makeup and to close your eyes when using hairspray or similar products.
Regular tests and checks
You should have an eye test every two years – unless you have been told to have one more often – and have a contact lenses check-up once a year.
If you need help with your contact lenses or fancy giving them a go, why not pop into your local Specsavers store in Dorset today.