As a mini heat wave is due to descend on Essex, Specsavers stores across the region are offering advice to ensure you stay protected from UV rays.
While we all understand the importance of protecting our skin in the sun, keeping our eyes safe from UV rays is just as important.
- Not all sunglasses offer adequate protection – check that yours bear the CE kite mark and are UV400 effective
- Even if it’s clouding over, UV rays can still be harmful so keep wearing your sunglasses in these conditions
- If you wear contact lenses, wear sunglasses over the top on sunny days to make sure the whole eye is fully protected
- If lenses or frames become damaged it’s worth considering replacing them to make sure you are properly protected
- The suns’ rays are strongest from 10am-2pm so if you can avoid being outside at all during the day, this is a good time to stay indoors
- To avoid buying multiple pairs of glasses invest in photochromic lenses which are light-sensitive and adapt as light changes
For more information and advice from our professional optical teams, drop into your local Essex store. The teams can advise on UV protection that’s suited to your needs and there is a wide range of styles to choose from for both adults and children.