Opticians in Cambridge held Easter-themed kids clinics to help promote eye health in children.
The Specsavers stores hosted special family clinics throughout the Easter half term. The two stores tested a total of 56 children across the two weeks and provided special Easter goody bags and treats. Children that needed glasses were given two free pairs, one funded by the NHS and one by Specsavers. This promotion isn't just for Easter however, and is available all year round.
An in-store face painter was on hand to decorate children’s faces with Easter inspired artwork, while they took part in a special Easter egg decorating session.
Henry Churchill, store director at both Cambridge Specsavers stores, said ‘We decided to hold child clinics as it would give parents the opportunity to get the whole family in for an examination at a time when the children were off on holiday. Eyecare is very important for children and the clinics helped create a fun environment while learning about eye health.’
Two free pairs of glasses and free eye test
- One pair of glasses from our kids’ £64 range or teens’ £85 ranges is free with under-16s’ NHS funding
- A second pair from the £64 range or £85 range is paid for by Specsavers
- Both pairs come with SuperTough lenses or the second pair can come with tinted prescription lenses and UV filter, free
- Free eye test for under-16s
- Offer available in the UK only