Do you look at pictures in the paper and think you could take something better? Well now is your chance to prove it in our Specsavers Life Thru The Lens competition. The Belper News has again teamed up with Specsavers in the town to find the best amateur photographers in the Belper area, with the winner receiving the latest digital SLR camera.
Open to all
Anyone can enter the competition – you don’t have to have a top of the range camera or brand new kit, just an eye for a great shot – you could even take them on your phone! We want to see pictures that get to the heart of what the Belper area is all about, in your opinion. We want you to show us how beautiful the town and surrounding villages really are. It could be the history behind the mills, the community spirit which brings the Strutts Centre to life, or a fun event in the River Gardens. The limit is your imagination!
‘We always have some very creative entries, and we’re looking forward to seeing how the town is interpreted this year,’ said Belper store director, Andy McBride. ‘It’s a fantastic opportunity to show Belper at its best!’
Winning this competition could be a dream come true for any amateur snapper wanting to become that little bit more proficient at their art – because of the fantastic first prize, a digital SLR camera. Second prize is a regular digital camera, while third prize is a £125 voucher to spend at Specsavers.
Belper News acting group editor Ashley Booker said: “Life Thru The Lens is one of our most successful competitions. It gets a lot of people involved - and we can’t wait to start receiving your snaps.”
How to enter
- Email your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Images must be attached in jpeg format as a separate attachment and the email must say ‘Life Thru The Lens’ in the subject field.
- You must include your full name, address and day and evening contact phone numbers. And be sure to tell us where you took the picture.
- The competition will run until Friday October 14 and there are no age restrictions and, in the run-up to the deadline, we will aim to showcase some of your entries in the paper and online. A team of judges will sift through all the photographs and narrow them down to ten finalists before deciding on the winner.
- There will then be a presentation night at the Specsavers store where all the finalists’ images will be exhibited
- Entry is limited to two photos per person. Each must include: where and when the photograph was taken; the photographer’s full name, age and address; day and evening contact phone numbers. No computer-manipulated images accepted and photographs must be own work. Entries copyright of Belper News. Judges’ decision is final. Usual competition rules apply.