1. Specsavers Optical Group Limited whose registered office is at La Villiaze, St Andrews, Guernsey, GY6 8YP, is the legal promoter of the competition (‘Specsavers’).
2. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. The competition is open to all persons aged 18 and over, resident in the United Kingdom, Channel Islands or Isle of Man, excluding Specsavers employees, and their immediate families of Specsavers and anyone else professionally connected with this competition (the ‘Qualifying Entrant’).
4. The competition will commence on Saturday 24 Augustus 2019 at 0900 (BST) and conclude on Sunday 25 August 2019 at 2359 (BST) (together the ‘Entry Period’).
5. No purchase is necessary to participate in this competition.
6. To enter the competition, you will require a computer or mobile device with internet access, personal Instagram account and camera and Qualifying Entrants must ensure that they follow Specsavers on Instagram (@Specsavers) and within the Entry Period upload a stylish self-portrait type image (the ‘Selfie’) on their personal Instagram account using the hashtags “#EyeHealthMatters” and “#WeAreSTV” and tag “@Specsavers” (the ‘Entry’).
7. Only one Entry per person will be accepted into the competition.
8. Specsavers accepts no responsibility for Entries that are lost, delayed corrupted or not received due to technical disruptions, network congestions or for any other reason.
9. Inappropriate, offensive, brand damaging or illegible Entries in the opinion of Specsavers shall not be accepted and shall be automatically disqualified.
10. Entries submitted outside the Entry Period will not be included in the competition. The time of an Entry will in each case be the time identified on the Post.
11. By entering the competition, all Qualifying Entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
12. By entering the competition, all Qualifying Entrants grant Specsavers the consent to publish their (full) names, Selfie and personal Instagram account name on the Specsavers’ website or Specsavers’ social media account and being made available in accordance with clause 25.
13. There will be one (1) winner selected from the Qualifying Entrants, who will win the following prize (all together with the value of £149) consisting of:
1 X Specsavers Voucher for A) a Specsavers eye test; B) An in-store style consultation and C) The Purchase of a spectacle frame or sunglasses from the Specsavers Design Collective range (with standard glasses);
14. The prize does not include extras (such as lens extras) and additional glazing required shall be at the cost of the winning Qualifying Entrant and Specsavers cannot can't take into accounts special requests (such as custom-made adjustments of the frame) of the winning Qualifying Entrant.
15. No cash or other alternative prizes are available, and unless otherwise agreed in writing by Specsavers, the prize is available only to the winner.
16. Specsavers reserves the right to alter or substitute any element of the prize, whether available or not, with a prize of a similar value if circumstances beyond Specsavers’ control make it necessary to do so.
17. Each Qualifying Entrant who has entered a valid Entry into the competition over the duration of the Entry Period will be entered into the competition. The winner with the most stylish Selfie will be selected from the Qualifying Entrants by a Specsavers panel under supervision of an independent senior Specsavers employee.
18. The draw will take place on Wednesday 28 August at 1200 (BST).
19. Specsavers’ decision is final, and no further correspondence will be entered into.
Claiming a prize
20. The winning Qualifying Entrant will be contacted by Specsavers – which requires that the winner follows Specsavers on Instagram – via a Direct Message on Instagram by 1700 (BST) on Wednesday 28 August.
21. The winning Qualifying Entrant will be expected to claim their prize (and provide his/her address details for the delivery of the Prize) within 72 hours of being notified by responding to or contacting Specsavers via Direct Message on Instagram or e-mail.
22. The Prize, as mentioned in clause 13, will be delivered to the winner via regular post after the winner must schedule an appointment at an UK Specsavers store (of his/her choice) for the eye test, in-store style consultation and ordering of the spectacle / sunglass frame from the Specsavers Design Collective range. The winner will also be required to schedule a second appointment at an UK Specsavers store (of his/her choice) for the collecting and fitting of the spectacle or sunglass frame in person. The Prize does not include transport to or from the UK Specsavers Stores.
23. If a winner cannot be contacted and/or refuses or fails to agree to these relevant terms, then Specsavers reserves the right to reallocate the prize. The prize is non-transferable, and Specsavers will not be responsible for any inability of a winner to take up the specified prize.
24. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winners must comply with all of the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
25. The winner’s name can be obtained upon request in writing from Specsavers Optical Group Limited, NEHW / Specsavers Instagram Selfie Competition, La Villiaze, St Andrews, Guernsey, GY6 8YP.
26. Specsavers reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend or change the details of the competition and/or review and revise these terms and conditions without notice and by continuing to take part in the competition subsequent to any revision of these terms and conditions, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to any such new or amended terms.
27. Save where it has been negligent, Specsavers will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from the Entries into the competition or the Qualifying Entrants’ acceptance and/or use of a prize, or for technical, hardware or software failures, lost, faulty or unavailable network connections or difficulties of any kind that may limit or prohibit any Qualifying Entrant’s ability to participate in the competition. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall in any way limit Specsavers’ liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other matter where liability may not be limited as a matter of law.
28. This competition and all issues arising out of it shall be governed in accordance with English law and be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
29. Your personal information will be collected, stored and processed by Specsavers for the purposes of administering this competition and the redemption of the prize.
30. For full details on how your personal data is used please visit: www.specsavers.co.uk/legal/privacy-statement