Ask the expert

What type of hearing aids would I need?

If an elderly person around 60 had a mild to severe sensorineural hearing loss, what type of hearing aids would they need?


Whilst it is very difficult to recommend specific types of hearing aids without having much greater detail of a hearing loss, more and more individuals with the general type of loss you describe are suitable for 'open fit' hearing aids, which allow more natural sound into the ear canals than the traditional earmoulds or in-the-ear hearing aids. That said, there are many other factors which must be taken into account (such as the size and shape of the ear canal) when selecting the most appropriate solution. Your local audiologist will be able to give you further advise following a thorough assessment of your hearing.

Ask an Expert

Ask the Expert

Speak to one of our qualified optometrists or audiologists

Ask the Expert