Ask the expert

What should I do if I think my child has glue ear?


If you think your child may have glue ear, you need to take them to see your GP.

At the first visit, your GP will:

  • Examine your child's ears for signs of glue ear
  • Ask questions to find out if your child's hearing has been affected
  • Assess your child's hearing indirectly, because few doctors' practices have the equipment and staff to carry out proper hearing tests

Was this answer helpful?

We recommend you seek professional advice if you are concerned about your hearing

Book an appointment

Search for more answers: