Ask the expert

What kind of treatment is available for hyperacusis?


If you think you have hyperacusis, you should visit your GP. Your GP may refer you to a specialist in audiological medicine or the ear, nose and throat (ENT) department of your local hospital.

They will be able to investigate your hearing system, try to find a cause for your hyperacusis, and advise you on the most appropriate treatment.

Ask an Expert

Ask the Expert

Speak to one of our qualified optometrists or audiologists

Ask the Expert