Ask the expert

Severe tinnitus sufferer

I don't have hearing loss but severe tinnitus. I wondered if specsavers offered assessment for sound /noise generators to wear in/behind the ear? If not are you able to recommend a service?


Anyone with severe or disturbing tinnitus should consult with their GP in the first instance as a referral to see an Ear, Nose and Throat consultant might be required. If the GP/ENT consultant recommends a sound generator, your local Specsavers Hearcare Professional can indeed advise you on the different models available and complete a full assessment to assist in your choice.

Was this answer helpful?