Ask the expert

New NHS hearing aids at Specsavers

I have had my NHS behind the ear aids for 3 years in June. During that time my hearing has worsened and my aids now can't cope with the loss. If I turn the aids up so that I can hear, my left aid is very distorted (like a radio turned up too loud) and the right aid whistles all the time, to the point that other people can hear. If I turn them down so the distortion/whistling goes, I can't hear through them. It's affecting my daily life now and my ability to do my job. Is there any way I can get new aids before the 3 years are up in June please?


If you feel that your current hearing aids are no longer suitable for your hearing needs then you should contact your GP and ask to be referred for a new hearing assessment.Dependent on where you live, your GP may be able to refer you to Specsavers for your NHS hearing aids. To see if you live in an area where you can get free NHS hearing aids at Specsavers, go to the Specsavers Hearcare website and type in your postcode.

Was this answer helpful?

We recommend you seek professional advice if you are concerned about your hearing

Book an appointment

Search for more answers: