Ask the expert

I'm having trouble spotting things in one part of my vision, especially when I'm driving. What should I do?


Problems with your peripheral vision should be checked by a qualified optician at an eye examination.

Your optician will have a test called a 'visual field test'. This is designed to detect whether there's a problem with any part of your visual field; whether one eye is affected or not, how significant the problem is, and if there's any chance of it getting worse.

If you feel like a problem has arisen suddenly or might be affecting your everyday life, it's best to arrange an appointment with your optician as soon as possible.

Was this answer helpful?

You should seek professional advice if you are concerned about your eye health.

Book an eye test

Search for more answers: