Ask the expert

I have a lump on one eyelid, what might it be?


The eyelids can develop different sorts of lumps and bumps; if you notice any unusual changes in your eyelids, you should always visit your optician or GP.

Common conditions include styes, chalazions, fatty deposits in the skin below the eye and inflammation of the lid edge due to an allergy.

Was this answer helpful?

You should seek professional advice if you are concerned about your eye health.

Book an eye test

Search for more answers: