How do I know if I'm losing my hearing?
If you experience any of these situations, you may have hearing loss.
- Do others seem to mumble rather than speak clearly to you?
- Do people often have to repeat things before you understand what they say?
- Do you have difficulty understanding what is being said in noisy places, such as pubs or restaurants, even though other people manage to have conversations?
- Do you find it hard to keep up with conversations when talking to a group of people?
- Do you find it tiring to listen to conversations because you have to concentrate hard?
- Do others think your television or music is too loud but you cannot hear it properly if they turn it down?
- Do you often have difficulty hearing on the telephone?
If you answered yes to one or more of the above questions you may benefit from a hearing test and advice from a qualified hearing professional.