Ask the expert

How can I get my hearing checked?

I am 55 and have noticed that I am having to ask people to repeat what they have said, sometimes several times over. It is very embarrassing! I am an HCA on a busy hospital ward so it is important that I hear properly. How can I get my hearing checked?


If you have any concerns about your hearing, you should visit your GP in the first instance. He/she will then refer you for a full hearing assessment, often now available on the high street rather than going to the hospital audiology department. Check on our website to see if you live in an area where this service is available. Regularly asking people to repeat themselves can indeed prove embarrassing so having your hearing tested is a simple way to find out any underlying causes.

Ask an Expert

Ask the Expert

Speak to one of our qualified optometrists or audiologists

Ask the Expert