Help and frequently asked questions

Hearing test for a young child

Hi,I have a three your old daughter with delayed speech. We would like to have her hearing tested to determine whether there is any issue in this regard. My concern is however that she would not understand the instructions in a standard hearing test. Do you offer a service that can provide an accurate test result in these circumstances.Many thanks

If you are concerned about your daughter's hearing, you should in the first instance talk to your GP. They will then refer her to a specialist paediatric hearing centre to be tested. The Audiologists are very experienced in dealing with young children and will use different tests to those you would normally have as an adult. The most common hearing tests for her age are called Play Audiometry and Visual Reinforcement Audiometry (VRA). The Audiologists will explain exactly how the tests work - they are great fun for the child.

Was this answer helpful?

We recommend you seek professional advice if you are concerned about your hearing

Book an appointment

Search for more answers: