Ask the expert

12 year old daughter with ear pain

'My 12 year old daughter is constantly complaining about a pain in her ears (more specifically the right ear). We have brought her to two hearing specialists who have assured her that her hearing is fine (actually, very good). However, she still complains about a pain, and her right ear seems to be red.'


Anyone with ear pain should consult their GP in the first instance. If any suggested treatment is unsuccessful, ask for a referral to see an Ear, Nose and Throat consultant. There are many causes of ear pain which are not related to our hearing ability.

Was this answer helpful?