Most popular answers
- Red eye and blurred vision
- Dryness and blur
- Floaters for four days
- Is glaucoma hereditary?
- Uncomfortable contact lenses
- What causes cataracts?
- Symptoms of diabetes
- What causes dry itchy eye lids? (Blepharitis)
- Different types of conjunctivitis
- Age-related macular degeneration (AMD)
- Prescription explained
- Colour vision tests
- Retinal detachment
- Retinal Photography
- Bruce Fitzgerald BEng (Hons) BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- David Hill BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- Elizabeth Lumb BSc(Hons) MCOptom
- Gillian Syme BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- Jill Campbell BSc(Hons) MCOptom
- Neil Constantine-Smith BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- Nicola Nisbet BSc (Hons) MCOptom DipOc
- Nigel Best BSc (Hons) MCOptom FBCLA FAAO
- Nigel Davidson BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- Paul Carroll BSc(Hons) MCOptom MBA
- Paul Morris BSc (Hons) Optometry MCOptom
- Samia Qureshi BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- Sanjay Patel BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- Seamus Breslin BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- Simon Kay BSc(Hons) MCOptom
Ask the Optician
Type your question below to search through our Ask the Optician Q&A archive. Or, if you can’t find what you’re looking for on eye health, you can ask one of our qualified optometrists.
My son is 9 years old and would like to try contact lenses?
For the past week now i have had a constant pain behind my right eye, this pain has gradually got worse and when i Nod or Shake my had the pain becomes a lot lot worse.
Hello, i’m 18 and recently i spotted floaters. it is a black spot, just a black spot moving around and I can see it especially when i look to the sky or to the wall. Is it normal and do i need medical treatment?
My glasses rub my nose on one side, I have had a sore spot for a long time now. I have had the nose pads on my glasses changed for softer ones, but my nose is still has a sore spot.
Hi, I have an NHS health card and I want to know if I can use this in Specsavers?
Which quality of lens appears to be the most popular to be purchased by customers requiring varifocals from Specsavers?
I have had my glasses for about 4 weeks now but have only recently been seeing glare coming off street lights, television, etc. . . however i have had the “anti-glare” coating put on them, why am i seeing glare ? thankyou.
I bought a pair of Goldigga frames from Asda 2 years ago. Would specsavers be able to give me the option of just new lens, as i like the frames i already have.
I’m colour blind and I’m interested in chromagen technology lenses and glasses if you could provide me with some information about them and where to get tested and supplied
I am trying mono vision for the first time. +3.00 for reading in my Left eye and +1.5 for distance in my right dominant eye. Readeing in very clear but distance is poor and driving is very poor. How long should I give it to settle down for a fair test using contact lenses?