Most popular answers
- Red eye and blurred vision
- Dryness and blur
- Floaters for four days
- Is glaucoma hereditary?
- Uncomfortable contact lenses
- What causes cataracts?
- Symptoms of diabetes
- What causes dry itchy eye lids? (Blepharitis)
- Different types of conjunctivitis
- Age-related macular degeneration (AMD)
- Prescription explained
- Colour vision tests
- Retinal detachment
- Retinal Photography
- Bruce Fitzgerald BEng (Hons) BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- David Hill BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- Dr Nigel Best DOptom MCOptom FBCLA FAAO
- Gillian Syme BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- Jill Campbell BSc(Hons) MCOptom
- Neil Constantine-Smith BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- Nicola Nisbet BSc (Hons) MCOptom DipOc
- Nigel Davidson BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- Paul Carroll BSc(Hons) MCOptom MBA
- Paul Morris BSc (Hons) Optometry MCOptom
- Samia Qureshi BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- Sanjay Patel BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- Seamus Breslin BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- Simon Kay BSc(Hons) MCOptom
Ask the Optician
Type your question below to search through our Ask the Optician Q&A archive. Or, if you can’t find what you’re looking for on eye health, you can ask one of our qualified optometrists.
A month and a half ago, my left eye suddenly had a grey haze over it. It lasted for about five hours. Before the haze came, my eye felt irritated. I thought it was my contacts, so I replaced them with a new pair.
Now, the grey haze hasn’t returned but with glasses on I am continually cleaning my glasses because it seems like my vision watching tv is not so clear at times. With contacts my near sightedness is blurry. Hard to read anything. I’m 42 years old.
In my vision I have this TV static like vision its always been there I didn’t think it was a big deal but it’s getting worse. I had made an appointment and the optician said my eyes were fine but it’s still there.
My ten year old daughter has just had an eye test and the prescription is for left and right eye spy +0.50 cyl – 0.25 axis 90.
I am just wondering as the prescription is slight, whether she does need to wear glasses or not as the optician was a bit vague. Could you help please?
For a few days now I have noticed blurred vision in my right eye. I have a slightly fuzzy headache. What could this be?
Is the Goldman field test harder than the other field tests and could you tell me what it entails? Is it similar to the others?
What is the best tint for glasses worn all the time?
I’m a 23 year old male and been having some pain behind both my eyes. I had an eye test about four weeks ago and everything was fine. I sometimes have it in the mornings and when I play my video games. I notice that after I play my games my eyes are quite red. Also do they do a pressure test behind your eyes on a routine eye exam. I just don’t know what this pain is if you could come up with some suggestions that would be great thank you.
My son had a sight test today at school and came back with reduced vision right eye 0.200 & 0.250, will he need glasses?
My son is nine and will not wear glasses, only contacts but are they free as on benefits!
I’m just a little confused. The axis measurement seems quite different- I’ve always known the astigmatism is worse in my right eye. Should I go for yet another test and as I am still in a position to receive NHS benefits, is there some way I can still claim them, despite having an NHS test in December 2012.