Most popular answers
- Red eye and blurred vision
- Dryness and blur
- Floaters for four days
- Is glaucoma hereditary?
- Uncomfortable contact lenses
- What causes cataracts?
- Symptoms of diabetes
- What causes dry itchy eye lids? (Blepharitis)
- Different types of conjunctivitis
- Age-related macular degeneration (AMD)
- Prescription explained
- Colour vision tests
- Retinal detachment
- Retinal Photography
- Bruce Fitzgerald BEng (Hons) BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- David Hill BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- Dr Nigel Best DOptom MCOptom FBCLA FAAO
- Gillian Syme BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- Jill Campbell BSc(Hons) MCOptom
- Neil Constantine-Smith BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- Nicola Nisbet BSc (Hons) MCOptom DipOc
- Nigel Davidson BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- Paul Carroll BSc(Hons) MCOptom MBA
- Paul Morris BSc (Hons) Optometry MCOptom
- Samia Qureshi BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- Sanjay Patel BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- Seamus Breslin BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- Simon Kay BSc(Hons) MCOptom
Ask the Optician
Type your question below to search through our Ask the Optician Q&A archive. Or, if you can’t find what you’re looking for on eye health, you can ask one of our qualified optometrists.
My six year old had an eye test in July, and there was no change with his eyes, now he is saying his eyes are “fuzzy” and I have noticed he keeps squinting. I have been told by his current optician that they can not get him an appointment until 8th December and it will cost me £25 is this correct?
Does Specsavers specialise in the eye condition vertical heterophoria? I m experiencing symptoms which I think are likely to be VH.
I have recently been for an initial contact lens fitting appointment and was told that due to my astigmatism I had to wear toric lenses. The only problem is that the astigmatism in my right eye is only at a 0.50 unlike my left which is at a 0.75, I was told that was what toric lenses started at.
I’m worried about my eyes and not sure wether to go to a doctor or the opticians. My eyes have had a dull ache for a few weeks which is unusual, they’re more sensitive to light and they flinch when I go to do normal things like remove my makeup.
I’ve had what I’ve dismissed as floaters for a while, but realised I have never heard what I am seeing described in any material I have researched.
My glasses keep falling off my face, can I have the arms bent a little to stop this? Will a Specsavers store do this for me if I haven’t bought my glasses from them? How much would it cost?
I had an eye test a few weeks ago, just an annual one and was told that my prescription hadn’t changed. My glasses had a few scratches etc on so I was told I was able to choose some new frames.
What make are your lenses for the highest index?
I am currently having a contact lens trial at Specsavers. I tried one lens that was only designed for eight hour use didn’t get on with it as they dried out and felt very uncomfortable.
My astigmatism contacts are – 0.75 pwr +150. I’am trying toric lenses, they are not that clear. Would it be better if I wear +175 or +125, or maybe normal lenses or both?