Most popular answers
- Red eye and blurred vision
- Dryness and blur
- Floaters for four days
- Is glaucoma hereditary?
- Uncomfortable contact lenses
- What causes cataracts?
- Symptoms of diabetes
- What causes dry itchy eye lids? (Blepharitis)
- Different types of conjunctivitis
- Age-related macular degeneration (AMD)
- Prescription explained
- Colour vision tests
- Retinal detachment
- Retinal Photography
- Bruce Fitzgerald BEng (Hons) BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- David Hill BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- Dr Nigel Best DOptom MCOptom FBCLA FAAO
- Gillian Syme BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- Jill Campbell BSc(Hons) MCOptom
- Neil Constantine-Smith BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- Nicola Nisbet BSc (Hons) MCOptom DipOc
- Nigel Davidson BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- Paul Carroll BSc(Hons) MCOptom MBA
- Paul Morris BSc (Hons) Optometry MCOptom
- Samia Qureshi BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- Sanjay Patel BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- Seamus Breslin BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- Simon Kay BSc(Hons) MCOptom
Ask the Optician
Type your question below to search through our Ask the Optician Q&A archive. Or, if you can’t find what you’re looking for on eye health, you can ask one of our qualified optometrists.
I have had a blood shot left eye for four weeks. The redness is on the inner part of the eye, and I don’t have any pain, itching or fluid discharge.
I had my eyes tested recently and had a new pair of glasses less than six months ago. Recently however I’ve found when looking at a screen, my eyes loose focus and blur, in the same way they do when I’m not concentrating and I space out. I can make them do this, however recently its been happening involuntarily.
I recently had an eye test with Specsavers and purchased glasses as a result. Having had them for a few days now, I really struggle with nausea and dizziness when I wear them. I can feel my eyes straining leading to discomfort.
I wear varifocal glasses but I want contact lenses with varifocals. Can I get these and also would like to wear them more then 24 hours?
Will getting the ultra thin lenses make any difference to my lenses I have chosen from the £25 range and my eye sight is R -5.50 and L-5.25.
My son got a nerf gun for christmas and I was trying to fix it for him and test it and by mistake when I shot the dart it hit my husband in the eye, is he going to be ok?
I do sit near the front of the class, however I have to ask a mate what it says on the board, as I really cannot read it. I am finding also that I am having to squint my eyes to help me see a little better. Even watching the TV at home I cannot focus properly on the TV.
Becoming more reliant on my glasses.
Hi i used to only wear my glasses for reading watching TV and Driving, however over the last month or so im finding my self needing to wear them all the time, as i cannot make faces out from across the road or read train platform tables.
I only had my glasses renewed about six months ago, should i be conerned that i need to wear them all the time, and should i have my eyes checked again please.
I always wear contact lenses due to my eyesight being so bad, I never leave my house until my lenses are in, even some close family members don’t know that I wear glasses. It is something which I am very shy about.