Most popular answers
- Red eye and blurred vision
- Dryness and blur
- Floaters for four days
- Is glaucoma hereditary?
- Uncomfortable contact lenses
- What causes cataracts?
- Symptoms of diabetes
- What causes dry itchy eye lids? (Blepharitis)
- Different types of conjunctivitis
- Age-related macular degeneration (AMD)
- Prescription explained
- Colour vision tests
- Retinal detachment
- Retinal Photography
- Bruce Fitzgerald BEng (Hons) BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- David Hill BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- Dr Nigel Best DOptom MCOptom FBCLA FAAO
- Gillian Syme BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- Jill Campbell BSc(Hons) MCOptom
- Neil Constantine-Smith BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- Nicola Nisbet BSc (Hons) MCOptom DipOc
- Nigel Davidson BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- Paul Carroll BSc(Hons) MCOptom MBA
- Paul Morris BSc (Hons) Optometry MCOptom
- Samia Qureshi BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- Sanjay Patel BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- Seamus Breslin BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- Simon Kay BSc(Hons) MCOptom
Ask the Optician
Type your question below to search through our Ask the Optician Q&A archive. Or, if you can’t find what you’re looking for on eye health, you can ask one of our qualified optometrists.
I have had my first pair of varifocals just over a week ago. I chose to have the tailor made lense. Distance is fine, reading is a little closer than I am used to, but I am having problems with arms length, computer distance.
My Reactions lenses go way too dark. Is it possible to lighten this up to half the darkness?
My daughter is 28, she has had a dull pain behind her left eye. She is putting cold packs on the side of her head to ease the pain. It seems to happen after she has added a lemon to her water at work. Can you tell us what it might be?
Why would the vision in my left eye deteriorate quite quickly?
I am having PUVA treatment. What glasses do I need and do you supply them?
I have arthritis and I have been advised I have episcleritis, where can I get treatment?
I have recently had my first eye test in two years due to increased eye strain at work from using VDU’s. I was using glasses but they have been less effective over the last few months for very close distances.
My four year old has had her first eye test at school, her logMAR was 0.85 right eye and 0.25 left eye. Her cover test results were right manifest and convergent, Lang Stereopsis -ve. I’ve made her an appointment at the opticians and we’ve been told we have a referral to Paediatric eye care pathway, what do these results mean and should we be worried?
I had a laser correction 20 years ago. I was shortsighted – approximately -6 or -7 in each eye. Since the correction I had no problem with my vision – pretty much 100% up until a few months ago when I noticed that my eyes started to be blurry and tired a lot of times.
I have some sort of flashy fuzziness in my right eye, I wondered if it could be just a painless migraine or something could be wrong with my eye. I’ve only experienced this for a day but it’s making reading and writing a problem as I can’t see some of it due to the problem, I was wondering if you could tell me if it sounds serious or not?