Most popular answers
- Red eye and blurred vision
- Dryness and blur
- Floaters for four days
- Is glaucoma hereditary?
- Uncomfortable contact lenses
- What causes cataracts?
- Symptoms of diabetes
- What causes dry itchy eye lids? (Blepharitis)
- Different types of conjunctivitis
- Age-related macular degeneration (AMD)
- Prescription explained
- Colour vision tests
- Retinal detachment
- Retinal Photography
- Bruce Fitzgerald BEng (Hons) BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- David Hill BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- Elizabeth Lumb BSc(Hons) MCOptom
- Gillian Syme BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- Jill Campbell BSc(Hons) MCOptom
- Neil Constantine-Smith BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- Nicola Nisbet BSc (Hons) MCOptom DipOc
- Nigel Best BSc (Hons) MCOptom FBCLA FAAO
- Nigel Davidson BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- Paul Carroll BSc(Hons) MCOptom MBA
- Paul Morris BSc (Hons) Optometry MCOptom
- Samia Qureshi BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- Sanjay Patel BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- Seamus Breslin BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- Simon Kay BSc(Hons) MCOptom
Ask the Optician
Type your question below to search through our Ask the Optician Q&A archive. Or, if you can’t find what you’re looking for on eye health, you can ask one of our qualified optometrists.
I would like to wear normal spherical contact lenses occasionally. I need to know what RX I should have in them. Here is my glasses prescription:
Right: -5.00/ -0.75 x 10
Left: -5.25 /-0.75 x 150
The CYL is minus. Should i get -5 for both eyes? I heard you lower the power . In this case do i lower the power to:
How much would I have to pay toward some glasses?
I would like to wear normal spherical contact lenses occasionally. I need to know what RX i should have in them. Here is my glasses prescription:
Right: -5.00 0,75 10
Left: -5.25 0,75 150
EVERY DAY WHEN i wake my eyes feel prickly so I use two sprays of Optrex Actimist,this helps for a few hours.Is there a cure for this condition
I have a pair of Specsavers glasses with a heart design frame. I now need new lenses but you don’t sell the frames any more,
Do you do a payment plan on glasses or does this have to paid in one go?
I have a little clear bleb on the lower eyelid, when I turn my head from side to side I can feel it touching my pupil. My right eye feels constantly irritated and like there is something in it, also the skin under my eye keeps swelling. I’m currently using allergy eye drops for the irritation.
Does Specsavers reglaze lenses in semi-rimless frames that were bought from another shop ?
If so how much would this cost – varifocal elite with 1.74 index to include anti scratch and anti reflect?
My right eye has changed slightly according to my eye test. Do I have to have a whole new pair of spectacles
as the other eye has not changed at all?
About a year ago I was diagnosed with diabetes type 2 just after I had my eyes tested but over the last couple of months I have been suffering with most horrid headaches and thus making me feel very sick and this last week it lasted for five days. I wanted to rip my skull off and my eyes out in the end my husband said use his tv glasses and it seemed to help and it has calmed down. I do wear glasses for reading and computer. Do you think I should go and get re tested even though it was less than a year ago that I was done.