Can you tell me how do I know if I qualify for NHS support with my eyecare?
Have a look at this link to a webpage on this site: (http://www.specsavers.co.uk/glasses/nhs/)
The benefits it refers to are listed below. If you are not on any benefits but on low income, you can apply on a form called an HC1 from your opticians, pharmacy, benefits office or post office. The reply will tell you if you are entitled to any help.
- receive Income Support
- receive Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance (not Contribution-based)
- receive Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
- receive Income-based Employment and Support Allowance (not Contribution-based)
- are entitled to, or named on, a valid NHS tax credit exemption certificate
- are named on a valid NHS certificate for full help with health costs (HC2)
If you’re named on an NHS certificate for partial help with health costs (HC3), you may also get help towards the cost of your glasses or contact lenses.
If you’re entitled to an NHS optical voucher, you can take it with your prescription to any optician and use it towards the cost of your glasses or contact lenses.