Most popular answers
- Red eye and blurred vision
- Dryness and blur
- Floaters for four days
- Is glaucoma hereditary?
- Uncomfortable contact lenses
- What causes cataracts?
- Symptoms of diabetes
- What causes dry itchy eye lids? (Blepharitis)
- Different types of conjunctivitis
- Age-related macular degeneration (AMD)
- Prescription explained
- Colour vision tests
- Retinal detachment
- Retinal Photography
- Bruce Fitzgerald BEng (Hons) BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- David Hill BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- Elizabeth Lumb BSc(Hons) MCOptom
- Gillian Syme BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- Jill Campbell BSc(Hons) MCOptom
- Neil Constantine-Smith BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- Nicola Nisbet BSc (Hons) MCOptom DipOc
- Nigel Best BSc (Hons) MCOptom FBCLA FAAO
- Nigel Davidson BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- Paul Carroll BSc(Hons) MCOptom MBA
- Paul Morris BSc (Hons) Optometry MCOptom
- Samia Qureshi BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- Sanjay Patel BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- Seamus Breslin BSc (Hons) MCOptom
- Simon Kay BSc(Hons) MCOptom
Category Archives: Eye health
For the last two days my right eye has become sore, itchy and it waters. It isn’t red. It feels worse towards the outer corner of my eye. I have been bathing it with optrex, but with no improvement.
I purchased new glasses less than a month ago and had the scratch resistant coating put on them. I’m not sore on glasses, but there is one big scratch across the top of the left lens. I’ve never had a scratch in any lens before but this seems to have happened so easy. They haven’t even been dropped and I only use a glasses cloth to clean them. Can I get this fixed or replaced?
My left eye is very painful. It started last Thursday 16th of May. It closes over and is very sensitive to light. I feel that there may be some sort of grit in the top upper back of my eye. Could you please advise?
I need glasses for reading and close work, I would like varifocals but need prisms, is this possible?
I have a problem with my right eye. I have a small/medium black dot in my vision and a few days ago I experienced lots of little white dots everywhere but for only about six to seven seconds. I have had the same floater in my eye for about a year now, it was significantly smaller back then but the only way I can describe it is that is has grown in size a bit and seems to be extending over my whole eye. I can clearly notice one eye is blurrier than the other.
I’m enquiring for my mum, can she go on a payment plan for glasses she’s 63 and a carer for my dad.
I got my sight tested in Specsavers and got glasses from there free as I am on certain benefits but unfortunately I lost them last week. I just want to know do I still qualify for free glasses.
Should I wear safety glasses not prescribed by optician? I feel they are giving me sore eyes?
I have just started wearing contact lenses and I have noticed that when I take them out they leave a ring on my eyeball. The indentation is quite deep and it actually looks as if I still have my contacts in. Is this normal?
I have just had an eye test as I struggle a bit to read small print. I have been using over the counter +1 reading glasses (I am 44).
My normal vision seems ok to me but the optician has told me I need to wear glasses for driving, computers, tv and work. I do get the odd headache but am not sure it is vision related.